Mae Heydorn | Mezzo Soprano
Opera Helps harnesses the power of opera to help participants view their troubles in a new light.
People apply with a problem. If we can meet their needs, a professional opera singer will visit their home and listen to the problem.
Then the singer will select the aria that relates to the problem. The aria will be sung to the participant as they relax in their preferred room.
See the Opera Helps website for more information.
- 17th, 19th, 20th March Tyne and Wear (with Wunderbar)
- 27th, 28th, 29th May Tyne and Wear (with Wunderbar)
- 1st-2nd April Durham (with Wunderbar)
- 15th-16th April Northumberland (with Wunderbar)
- 29th-30th April Teesside (with Wunderbar)
- 20th-24th April St Helens (with Heart of Glass)
- 6th-8th May Colchester (with Colchester Arts Centre)
- 13th-22nd May Norfolk (with Norfolk & Norwich Festival)
ART, MUSIC, AND ORIENTALISMThe National Gallery's Sainsbury Wing Theatre, London Thursday 19 May, 1–1.45pm
Songs by Berlioz, Bizet, Duparc, Fauré and Saint-Saëns.
Mae Heydorn, mezzo soprano
Writer and broadcaster Gavin Plumley and pianist Sholto Kynoch discuss the wider impact of Orientalism in the early 19th century.
Admission free. See the National Gallery website for more information.
LOVE IN THE LIFE OF SHAKESPEARESt. Gabriel’s Church Pimlico, Warwick Square, London SW1V 2AD 7.30 PM on Thursday 16th June 2016
A talk by Robert Mansell with
- Adam Marsden, baritone, William Shakespeare
- Janet Fischer, soprano, his wife Anne and his lover Emilia
- Chris Turner, tenor, Christopher Marlowe and Lord Southampton
- Mae Heydorn, mezzo-soprano, Queen Elizabeth
- Simon Grange, bass-baritone, Thomas Kyd and Richard Burbage
- Petar Dimov (piano), Leon Keuffer (violin), Alison Holford (cello), and Simon Tong (trumpet)
Tickets (£24 for Music Club members, £28 for non-members)
REGENTS OPERA: LA BOHÈMEIn the role of Parpignol
FULHAM OPERA: DIE WALKÜREIn the role of Siegrune
A weekend workshop on Wagner’s Die Walküre Acts 1 & 3
- 30th April
- 1st May
Burlington Danes Academy, Wood Lane, W12 0HR, a 5-10 minute walk from White City (or Wood Lane) tubes
SAFFRON OPERA GROUP: DIE WALKÜREIn the role of Roßweiße
- 9th October, 2.30pm Saffron Hall, Saffron Walden